Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Why is it that around this time of year, any fun to be had is followed by guilt that the time should have been spent revising and doing work. This is where my outlook on life “we’ve only got one life, lets use it” reaches a paradox between the potential future benefits, or the present losses. Balance and priorities are all words I’ve used to describe this before, and this time is no different.

On Monday my sister Becky paid a visit, and it was amazing to see her. I love my sister so much, and it was great to go to town and have lunch. I love seeing Alastair and Jordan grow up a little bit every time I see them. This time Alastair has started saying “Has it got milk in?” pointing at every bit of food he sees, it’s so cewute :P

DSCF2911

Also on Monday, Geoffrey (AKA Josh) returned to the house! That means all the guys are back! A little  catch up session ensued and it’s great to have people in the house again!

In the evening I went over to Criddle’s for a night of Board Games ^_^

On Tuesday a load of us heading into London for a day out, and to see Russell Howard’s Good News show being filmed live! I’m getting used to all this TV audience malarkey in the last few weeks :D It was absolutely hilarious and a really great day out all around. Keep an eye out for yours truly in the audience on Friday’s show!

DSCF2918 

The rest of this week is definitely work, work, and work. It has to be! Stay safe and catch you all soon :)

  • Happiness. 8 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 1 out of 5
  • Workload. 10 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Tesco value coco pops!
  • Song of the day. Scouting For Girls – This Ain’t A Love Song
  • Thought for the day. Never assume unless otherwise stated
  • What I’m Doing Now. About to go onto campus for work-related purposes…

PS Me and Dad at the wedding on Saturday :)

DSCF2906

2 comments:

Sh2nn0n, your friendly neighborhood girltank said...

I really understand the feeling of guilt, and lack in the balance and priority department. I find myself stuck in this vicious cycle of wanting to live life free and hopeful, but feeling guilty of responsibilities I avoid. My mind usually wracks itself over wanting to do fun things, and I end up putting things on pause for too long.

I just wanted to say that I really respect and appreciate your ability to find some balance and normality in life.

cwitgo said...

Enjoy it now. I started back to school after 28 years and it's a bit daunting. It did open my eyes to life and all it's wondrous glory. Always look forward. You will be surprised by life time and time again.