Sunday, January 10, 2010

In Gear

OK, so this is the start of the week I’ve been dreading for a month now. I have 3 coursework's and 5 formative tests in 1 week. I think my cold is partially to blame for me not being as prepared as I’d like to be, but I will also blame my course for, once again, teaching a Digital Media student, electronics.

So I’m getting sleep now so I can be on campus for 8am tomorrow. It’s an early start for what I know WILL be a very productive day.

I say that but this evening alone has provided me with too many distractions to clear my head, in writing this blog post alone I’ve had 2 distractions!

I was invited to drinks at 8pm that I had to decline so I could write some covering letters. Then Josh came home, which meant organising what work we’d do tomorrow. Then it got to 9:30pm and I was talked at by 2 people online and 1 person on the phone simultaneously about MAD TV things. It got to 10:30pm and I really needed to go to sleep at 10pm, when Davey wants to show me a cool gadget he’s seen (which, admittedly, is really cool). Then another person from MAD TV starts texting me! Sometimes I really have to understand that if I’m trying to write a covering letter, doesn’t mean I'm free to talk. This world provides too many ways to be distracted:

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Live Messenger
  • Skype
  • Texts
  • Phone Calls
  • Face-to-face

Sometimes I just want to get away… but then I love talking to people so I pass it off as ok. But then I never get any work done, or in fact, anything done. What is the solution?

  • Happiness. 3 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 3 out of 5 (but i must sleep!)
  • Workload. 10 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Cheese on toast
  • Song of the day. John Mayer – Love Song For No One
  • Thought for the day. So tired of being alone, so hurry up and get here
  • What I’m Doing Now. Getting more stressed, hence I can’t sleep, which is getting me more stressed. It’s a vicious cycle.

No comments: