Friday, January 15, 2010

The Perfect Balance?

This is the day! Two coursework's due in today. And I’m sitting here writing my blog? Yup. I am confident it’ll all be done.

I’ve spent a lot of time the last week at university doing work. I’ve come up with a new year’s resolution, that is to arrive on campus at 9am every day. And so far I’ve managed it. I find myself a lot less distracted at university and I’m much more likely to do work. So I’ve done coursework and revision every day.

The Media Labs have become my second home. I’m writing this in the lab right now. And it’s good because no-one ever uses it so I have the place to myself. I can get it at 9am and they lock the door at 5pm, but as long as your in, you can get out.

Just because I’ve done all this work doesn’t mean I haven’t been having some fun. Spending days on campus means always seeing people I know and bumping into people. But I’ve also made use of evenings. On Tuesday I went to see Lauren and Heather, who I haven’t seen in a while, so it was really good to catch up. Wednesday (still known as MAD Wednesday) was the MAD TV meeting and chatting to people afterwards. Thursday I went to see Julie and Sophie, always a good laugh.

The next few days I’m going to relax before hitting the revision full on on Monday, getting to university at 9am every day again!

Mum, Dad and Beth are coming down on Sunday, so really looking forward too that (and getting my camera back!!!)

  • Happiness. 7.5 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 0 out of 5 (having a regular sleep pattern helps so much with this… and I woke up 1 minute before my alarm today :D)
  • Workload. 8 out of 10 (revision)
  • Last Meal. Sandwiches for lunch (coronation chicken!)
  • Song of the day. Duffy – Mercy (woke up with it in my head)
  • Thought for the day. There’s more of that where it came from
  • What I’m Doing Now. Pondering what to do this evening……

1 comment:

Ankur Banerjee said...

Repaired camera in huge cardboard box FTW!