Thursday, January 6, 2011

Special Post #43: Music of 2010

Excuse this cheeky interlude designed to build suspense before the big reveal of my top 10 moments of 2010 tomorrow :P

This list is compiled by last.fm using my most played songs in the last 12 months. These are the songs that I listened to most in 2010.

#10: The King Blues – Hold On Tight

  • Started Listening: May
  • Reminds Me Of: Jake coming to visit :)
  • Play Count: 60

#9: David Place – A Feeling

  • Started Listening: Last year after hearing him live in The Bedford pub. It’s a great song to relax to.
  • Reminds Me Of: The 2010 Boat trip.
  • Play Count: 63

#8: The King Blues – Blood On My Hands

  • Started Listening: April
  • Reminds Me Of: Seeing the King Blues live :P
  • Play Count: 65

#7: The Lonely Island – I'm On A Boat

#6: The Fratellis – Henrietta

  • Started Listening: 2008
  • Reminds Me Of: Getting ready for nights out. Still THE song I have to listen to before I go to a party!
  • Play Count: 77

#5: Iyaz – Replay

  • Started Listening: Christmas 2009
  • Reminds Me Of: Last Christmas with my sister :D
  • Play Count: 86

#4: The Fratellis – Whistle For The Choir

  • Started Listening: Summer 2009
  • Reminds Me Of: Quiet nights in, probably writing a poem
  • Play Count: 93

#3: Jason Mraz – I'm Yours (this link is cute, so click on it)

  • Started Listening: Easter 2009
  • Reminds Me Of: All the good times in London, there are many
  • Play Count: 98

#2: Train – Hey, Soul Sister

  • Started Listening: June
  • Reminds Me Of: Revision with Josh, fun times
  • Play Count: 105

    #1: The King Blues – I Got Love (my video from Guilfest)

      And that’s a wrap. But there are a few songs not on this list that made a difference to me this year. Check out: Colbie Caillat – Bubbly, Cee Lo Green – Forget You (explicit version), John Mayer – Free Falling and FM Static – Tonight. I’ve also come to love Freepeace and Paloma Faith. May 2011 bring a whole wave of new songs… starting with this beauty.

      No comments: