Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Don’t Do Me Any Good

I can be up, and I can be down. At the moment, I’m both.

Work is getting me down. It’s hard, there’s a lot of it and there’s not a lot of help when I need it. I feel really lost sometimes, wondering why I’m even on this course and what the point is of all this. But then work isn’t the only reason I’m here.

University is far more than the sum of it’s parts. To tell people what university is like and what experience they can gain from it would be like taking a blind man to an art gallery – while you can appreciate the wonderful works and collect amazing inspiration, they can only imagine (and wrongly) just how special, unique and touching it all is.

I love people. People are my life. I can talk until the cows come home. And at the moment, right now, I talk to some amazing people. Have fun times just sharing ice-cream with my housemates, or revising with Josh, or talking about lecturers in a maths tutorial, or talking about life with people I couldn’t live without, or having a father-son talk in the car. All the small things really do make a big difference in my life at the moment, especially when all the big things are very stressful.

I loved going home on Sunday, it was a brilliant meal for starters, and seeing everyone again after what seems ages was so comforting.

I don’t really know what to conclude from all this, except I really should do some work…

  • Happiness. 7 out of 10 (see workload)
  • Tiredness. 2 out of 5 (Sleep is my new 2nd favourite thing to do)
  • Workload. 9 out of 10 (I wish I could just do some of it…)
  • Last Meal. Bacon & eggs in pitta bread (mmm… protein)
  • Song of the day. T2 Ft Jodie – Heartbroken (been a good song for a month or two now, just never put it on here)
  • Thought for the day. Time is just the time it takes for you to talk
  • What I’m Doing Now. Been MAD TV-ing it up, about to go and film another report for the latest episode!

4 comments:

becky said...

What was your old 2nd? and whats your 1st? See you on saturday....

becky said...

PS: Thanks for making my day last night. Love you x

me again!!! said...

PPS:
RE: "I Don’t Do Me Any Good"
You might not do you any favours, but you do you perfectly!

Charles said...

love you too! My old 2nd favourite was eating chocolate biscuits! My favourite is cuddles :P