Thursday, February 12, 2009

Video: Comin’ Atcha!

G’day! Here I am, in the northern hemisphere without any parents…

Sorry for not posting sooner, it’s been the usual hectic few days. Programming is coming on and labs went OK today.

Tuesday was, obviously, comedy night and it was really good. One act was a magician/comedian who was particularly funny. Also got a bit of climbing done on Tuesday, managed to do a fairly hard wall which was great.

On Wednesday, I Stage Crewed for Cleopatra. I did video, as usual, and it was really good. They’re really nice people and they asked me if I could record the video for them to have a copy. They seemed to like it, and it was good to see their reactions to how the video looked. I can now add that video to my collection (currently only S Club 3 and Cleopatra).

Also on Wednesday I went to the first of what is going to be an on-going thing where first year media engineers (like myself) can spend Wednesday afternoon in the media labs. I got shown round and got to play with some of the equipment, it was so great to finally get to touch some of the equipment I’d heard so much about. This is something that should happen every Wednesday, and I will definitely be making an effort to go.

Today was a bit of a blur. I have 7 hours of lectures on Thursday’s, and this time I’d only had 4 hours sleep.

What’s happening in the days to come:

  • Heroes episode to watch
  • Programming assignment to do
  • Chilli con carne
  • Assessment questions
  • Stage Crew Annual General Meeting (I’m going to try and be elected as Video Equipment Officer)

Brief-o-meter:

  • Happiness: 8/10
  • Workload: 7/10
  • Last meal: Soup (for lunch!)
  • Thought for the day: e^{i \pi} +1 = 0.\,\!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charles. I've enjoyed reading about your uni life and seeing all the pictures of the snow. Your Dad gave me the link today.