Saturday, February 7, 2009

SPECIAL POST #1 : Lunch

This is the first of what I hope to be many “special posts” where I can focus on particular thing I’m thinking about or something I want to share with you all.

One of my “new year’s resolutions” is to have a different thing for lunch each week. Last semester I just had “… on toast” every day. This was good for a while because it was cheap, quick, easy and tasty. But it wasn’t exactly variety:

  • Monday:      beans on toast
  • Tuesday: spaghetti on toast
  • Wednesday:    jam on toast
  • Thursday:    beans on toast
  • Friday:    spaghetti on toast
  • and so on…

So this year I thought it would be a good idea to try something different. Specifically, try something different every week.

So far I’ve tried a few things:

  • Week 1: Sandwiches
    • with cucumber, ham, coronation chicken, lettuce
  • Week 2: Wraps
    • with cucumber, ham, coronation chicken, lettuce, carrots
  • Week 3: Pita Bread
    • with cucumber, ham, tuna & sweetcorn,  lettuce, carrots

OK, so not that much variety, but still in a different shape!

But, I need some ideas for the future. Here are some ideas I’ve had:

  • Soups (this week)
  • Baguettes
  • Omelettes (I’ve never made an omelette before!)
  • Ciabatta

What do you think? Have you got any ideas?

  • Happiness: 7/10
  • Workload: 7/10
  • Last meal: Cereal (that’s enough of the jokes now)
  • Thought for the day: Being home is getting weirder every time

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.pineapple-girl.com/omelet.htm

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hot Dog Noodle Casserole!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/all-american-festivals/hot-dog-noodle-casserole-recipe/index.html

Yum! Enjoy!

Charles said...

Omlettes look really easy, I could do that!

As for hot dog caserole, we all know what happends when I cook sausages!

Anonymous said...

Hot dogs Charlie! They come in a tin! Still maybe you should stick with the omelet for now!