Sunday, February 8, 2009

Being Home

This weekend I took a trip back through time to the place where I used to sleep. It wasn’t the first time back, not at all, but it was different.

When you go home it’s amazing how quickly you fall back into your pattern. As soon as I walked in James said “Hi Charles” just as if I’d got back from school. It takes you back for a moment.

Getting breakfast just like I used to. Everyone is still the same. It’s like a small time capsule I can go to, it’s nice to know it’s there.

I’m sounding as if I miss home, but that isn’t the case (sorry mum). Why did no-one tell me how great university was, I mean, what is there not to like? It’s so great to always be slightly outside you’re comfort zone, to meet new people, to do things you’ve always wanted to do… feel so great.

I love what’s happening to me. I can only hope that this is only the tip of the iceberg, the start of the journey and the face of things to come.

I don’t really know what’s brought this on, but I thought I’d share that with you. Share the smile. Go on, you know you want to.

  • Happiness: 8/10
  • Workload: 7/10
  • Last meal: Tuna pasta (ole student favourite)
  • Thought for the day: Cock up your beaver!

No comments: