Saturday, November 22, 2008

FOAM!!!

What can I say? I actually enjoyed labs this week. I also understood all of the lectures on Friday, which is a first. Also managed to finish my report due in on Monday.

After labs on Friday I helped Stage Crew with setting up for the foam party. OMG! It was intense! Soo coool! Epic proportions of foam bellow onto the dance floor. I was once again at the lights so I took the liberty of putting sirens on whenever the foam came on. I also used the strobe lights to great effect. It was a great way to end an otherwise good (but worky) week. The music was great, which meant I got some brilliant lighting going on (so much easier when you know the songs). One of my favourite bits of the night was using the strobes to Chelsea Dagger (The Fratellis – who I’m going to see live next month). It was also great because from the lampy booth you can see all the people on the dance floor pushing and shoving to get to the foam. I’ve never seen the dance floor so packed!

The first two pictures show the ‘small’ foam machine. The last picture try’s to show the big one (which is 4 times the size of the small one). So funny to see people disappear under a wave a foam for 20 seconds.

Foam (1) Foam (2) Foam (3)

Whose ever idea it was to pump thousands of litres of foam onto a packed dance floor full of drunk students deserves a medal!

  • Happiness: 8/10
  • Workload: 7/10
  • Last meal: Cereal! (Its back!)
  • Thought for the day: Berries and cream!
  • 2 comments:

    James Memski said...

    Excellent! Good stuff :-)

    Anonymous said...

    Glad I wasnt on the tidy-up team!