Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer fun update

So I’ve been visiting my sister the last few days. Had a great time. We went to Drayton Manor on Sunday which was really good fun. Jordan overcame all her fears of rollercoasters and scary rides and went on them all! I’m a very proud uncle. You can see loads of pictures on the facebook album (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026050&id=1293892814&l=469b1faaf1) or I expect to have the pictures up on Flickr at some point.

On Monday me and Barry finally caught up with the rest of the world and saw Star Trek. I thought it was a good film, even though I hadn’t watched any Star Trek before, which shows they got the mix of mainstream to fanatic right. However, I thought it was a bit short, the plot didn’t have any twists, but I liked the inclusion of Leonard Nimoy.

Yesterday I went to London Dungeons with Lauren and Heather. The weather was fantastic and we made the most of it by having Pimms by the river and doing some other tourist-y things like Tower Bridge. We even managed to go to a free concert in “the scoop” where this kind of jazz/blues band were playing.

Today I’m going to Josh’s birthday BBQ (making even more use of the heat) and then tomorrow I’m hopefully going to see Wicked at the Apollo with Sophie. I say maybe because they issue a small number of day seats in the morning of the show for a crazy cheap price, so fingers crossed they’re not all gone when we get there!

Enjoy the sun peeps and speak to you soon!

  • Happiness.8.5 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 1 out of 5
  • Last Meal. celebration cake!
  • Song of the day. Toploader – Dancing in the Moonlight
  • Thought for the day. First too cold, then too hot! Don’t say we had a rubbish summer!
  • What I’m Doing Now. Getting things organised to move into my house in Guildford on Sunday!

No comments: