Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Everything but Guilfest

Where we left off… After moving into the house the rest of Sunday was spent sussing out the local Chinese, the first of many visits me-thinks. Phil came round to share the joyness and we had a good time chatting well into the night.

The next day I visited the local co-op, good, but expensive is the verdict there. Better off going to Tesco, but you’d be in for a 40 minute walk, with shopping, and it would probably start raining at just the wrong moment. Monday evening Will cooked Fajita’s and we watched Top Gear. What more could you want.

On Tuesday I got up quite late thanks to another late night talking to Gibbo about the world. I’ll be honest, I see Gibbo as a different person. I think this goes back to the fact that everyone puts on a persona when you first meet them which is a guard to who they really are. I think the most interesting part is peeling back those layers and finding the person underneath is actually very different. Me and Gibbo had a lot to talk about and it was really good to get to know him as more than just a member of stage crew.

So, yea, on Tuesday we went over to the union for the first time to see the progress on preparing the kit for the Guilfest festival.

DSCF0592

The union was a bit of a state. Anyway, we ate in Channies (good to be back, albeit the food hasn’t got any better). In the evening mum and Victoria came over and helped me unpack more of my things into the house. We also went shopping… and got cider :)

Wednesday was an early start for Guilfest, but I’ll mention all of that in my Guilfest special post, coming soon.

  • Happiness.8.5 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 3 out of 5
  • Last Meal. cereal :)
  • Song of the day. Michael Jackson – Man In The Mirror
  • Thought for the day. 1 in every 4 people suffers a mental illness. If your closest 3 friends are ok, it must be you…
  • What I’m Doing Now. Getting ready to go climbing with Lauren in Mile End

PS:: HAPPY BIRTHDAY EILEEN!!

1 comment:

Thomas Gibson said...

made me smile... well all apart from your song of the day :P