Wednesday, July 29, 2009

3 guys, 1 boat

Been on the boat since last Monday so I haven’t really had time to post. I just want to get something short out to say that I’m having an absolutely brilliant time.

I’d forgotten just how fun it was to spend time with Ben and Kevin. There have been several times in the last week where I’ve laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Seriously, this puts a whole new take on the last year at uni. I can only think of one or maybe two occasions in the last year at uni when I have laughed so much I’ve cried, and both of those we’re when Josh and I were revising.

Lots to talk about… last week we had 5 of us on the boat. Can’t say how good it was to catch up with Sam, and he was really great to have around. Once they’d left on Thursday it was just the 3 of us.

So far we’ve been to the cinema three times, broken a rope (twice), had the headlamp fixed (thanks super Steve), had the propeller shaft fixed (thanks again super Steve), boated in the dark (thanks to the broken boat), lost the tiller pin and bought a new one (my bad), celebrated Ben’s birthday over three days in Rugby at Frankie & Benny’s, over listened to Michael Jackson, not cooked birthday brownies (tomorrow for sure…), over used Tesco toilets, abused McDonalds free wifi, been through 3 epic tunnels, been rained on too much (although today was sunny) and had too many inappropriate conversations…

I’ve got plenty of pictures to share once I have time to upload them and they’ll probably tell a better story than I could.

Looking forward to the boat trip with my university friends in a few weeks and after that it’s not long before uni starts again :)

  • Happiness. 9.5 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 2 out of 5
  • Last Meal. A Chinese take away from a Leighton Buzzard
  • Song of the day.  The King Blues – I Got Love (seriously, I love this song beyond the bounds of usual lust)
  • Thought for the day. We are dangerously close to talking about the thing we’re not allowed to talk about.
  • What I’m Doing Now. Relaxing after a hard day’s boating!

No comments: