Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Custard Cream Banter

Wow! I really have such little time to write in here! I think about how busy I was last year doing 20 hours of lectures a week, and supposedly another 20 hours of work on top of that. Now I have a 40 hour week for certain, not including travel time which amounts to another 3 hours a day. That’s 55 hours (maths!). Work is a big part of my life now, just as well it’s the best part of it too…

Talking of the commute, it’s fine. I don’t mind two short trains and a bus every morning at all. In fact, we’ve built up quite a group commuting together. There’s Nnaoma and I, then two other guys who we’ve become good friends with at Sony. Then the two placement students from my course going to Motorola (which is literally right next to Sony so we get on the same bus) who started on Monday. And a couple more occasionally from Sony too.

I love having lots of people my age at Sony, it’s making getting on with everyone in the office a lot easier. And having 3 students working there who have been on the placement year before us really helps if you need someone to ask a question, or even just for a cup of tea.

I’ve got into tea since I started… on about 3-4 cups a day at the moment. I’ve even got into buying a 66p bacon sarnie for breakfast at the Deli bar when I get to work. Life is good :D

As for the work aspect, there’s plenty to be getting on with. There are several projects at various stages of the lifecycle at the moment that I can get involved with. It’s all really exciting stuff and I’m so happy that I still have another 11 months here!

As for the Switzerland trip, it’s been postponed by a month. But I’m still on the project and have done a few more things for it in the last week. Looks like I’ll be able to have that 21st birthday in the UK after all!

At the start of this post I didn’t think I had anything to write about, but as it happens I haven’t even said the half of it!

  • Happiness. 8 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 2 out of 5 (doing well so far this week…)
  • Free Time. 0.5 out of 5
  • Last Meal. Chicken soup and chips (thanks to Sophie)
  • Song of the day. My MP3 player has ran out of battery :(
  • Thought for the day. There ain’t no anti-intrusion or virus detection solution to me (thanks Baz)
  • What I’m Doing Now. Looking at the time and shaking my head…

No comments: