Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chuck

The weeks are flying by! Now into my 6th week at Sony. Now that’s just weird, feels like yesterday I started, but strangely also feels like I’ve been there ages. I got a nick-name today, Chuck. I think I can live with it, certainly better than Nnaoma who’s now called HASH, which stands for Health And Safety Hazard. This all came after he got an email saying he had to book an appointment with the health and safety officer because “the answers he gave to the workstation safety questionnaire require further investigation” hahahaha.

In other news, I worked for the Tote on Saturday at Ascot. It was a very busy day, and not helped by my machine breaking three times during the day! That didn’t help the queues and seemed to anger the technician somewhat. I also had the worst experience getting home after waiting in the cash cage almost an hour to get signed out and then just missing a train at the station… but then some days you’re the pigeon and some days you’re the statue…

On Sunday, the tables turned and I was the statue. I went to London to meet up with none other than long time friend Matthew Mitchell. We hadn’t seen each other for months (since the boat race in fact) and it was great to get up to speed on each other’s goings on :)

DSCF3582

I’m really having a great time at the moment, and if there’s anything placement year has taught me so far it’s that I can’t wait to finish my degree and start working!

This weekend I’m going to Devon for Phil’s birthday party, which is going to be immense! Cannot wait for that! Then the weekend after I’m celebrating Heather’s birthday in London; then the week after that is Zoe’s birthday in Southampton. And then… no just kidding! Although I’m hoping to see my sister soon after that :P and then I’m no longer 20 :(

Now you know why I have no time to write in here! Still need to figure out a way of updating this on my commute, that’s a whole hour every day I’m doing nothing! Maybe I need a netbook…

  • Happiness. 9 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 2 out of 5 (but it’s only Monday…)
  • Free Time. I can’t remember what this is…
  • Last Meal. Tuna pasta… standard.
  • Song of the day. George Kranz - Din Daa Daa
  • Thought for the day. Can I wag a half day on Friday?
  • What I’m Doing Now. As usual, wondering why I’m still awake!

PS MAD TV thing!

No comments: