Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10 Small Loafs of Bread

I want to go to sleep, but I also want to quickly run through what my life currently is:

  1. Lectures started on Monday and that meant the start of new topics. So far the first lecture of the term was cancelled (good start…not), but that’s been more than made up by the other lectures that have been really good (so far…)
  2. I also started my Digital Media Engineering Module! Yup, that is actually the course I’m doing. And from 3pm until 6pm on a Monday is when I get to do my course! It was a great first lecture, fascinating. I just wish I had more like it…
  3. Labs, now on a Tuesday, are as bad as ever. Today we weren’t given all the equipment we needed to complete the lab, and then the demonstrator put up with us all moaning for a good 30 minutes about how bad labs are organised and how bad the course is in general.
  4. After that particularly bad lab, we all decided to go and see our course leader to let him know how we feel. We now have a meeting on Friday afternoon to discuss it in detail, so looking forward to finally expressing some of my concerns.
  5. Then it was off to a MAD TV committee meeting, where a lot has been happening the last few days. It’s a really stressful few days as it is without MAD TV throwing a wobbly about what I saw as a non-issue, but nethertheless I feel the meeting allowed me a voice to get everything I had to say on the table.
  6. Next stop was a quiz night with the Christian Union (and a free curry!). I had a great time and it allowed me to finally relax after such a crazy day of urgh. Topped off by our team winning! (note: team name was 10 small loafs of bread, hence title)
  7. Trying to co-ordinate next weekend so I get to see my sister! Can’t wait!
  8. Getting organised to ‘Give Equestrian A Go’ today! Another society MAD TV is trying out as part of it’s new series! It’s really great since Lauren, my housemate from last year, is the President of the Equestrian society, so should be a brilliant afternoon!
  9. Good news, I have been invited for an interview at the SONY placement! I have two weeks to prepare, and I really, really, really, really, want this placement! So excited and nervous already. Need to make sure I find time to research and prepare… Thing is there is only one place and Josh has an interview there too……

These are only the things I am outwardly doing/thinking about/planning. There is also a lot going on in my head regarding a lot of things, such as Friday night and Monday evening in particular. Trying not to give these too much brain-time is difficult, but talking to my sister helps :)

love, Charles xx

  • Happiness. 6 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 4 out of 5
  • Workload. 9.5 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Free Curry (thanks Jesus :P)
  • Song of the day. Radiohead – Street Spirit (Fade Out)
  • Thought for the day.
  • What I’m Doing Now. Hoping I finally get some free time tomorrow on my own to relax… but can’t see it happening… no rest for the wicked

3 comments:

becky said...

Glad I can help! Thought for the day!!!! Have you got so much on your mind you cant think? :p xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Charles said...

woops, my bad. I'll make sure to put 2 next time :D love you xxxxxx

baroness said...

Great news about the interview - well done!!