Monday, August 10, 2009

Thick silver lining

No matter how small the cloud, it always has a silver lining. And the cloud I’m on at the moment is over 90% lining. I love it.

After a perfect weekend doing nothing particularly special, I feel really great.

On Saturday I worked at Ascot. It was a very, very busy day and I was £15 short at the end of the day. My boss had a little go at me for being short, but that didn’t bother me too much because I always try my best. I have a good record and I’ll make sure I’m more careful next time, what more can I say?

On Sunday I went shopping with Sophie on Oxford Street. Bought lots of new clothes and had a fantastic time. I’m not one to like shopping, in fact the thought of shopping has such negative connotations in my mind that I haven’t been shopping in ages, and even then I didn’t buy much. Needless to say my wardrobe was getting very worn (excuse the pun).

I bought things I wouldn’t usually buy and learnt a lot about where to shop and what goes well together. It was a valuable lesson. It makes me slightly sad how much what you wear matters in this day and age, but wotcha’ gonna do?

Usually I can pick out a few things that made a day special, but Sunday was genuinely a great day through and through. No hidden agendas, no awkward moments, just really good fun. I’m going to stop there because I have nothing else to say :)

  • Happiness. 9 out of 10 (if everyone else was as happy as I am, we might be able to bring this to a 10. Why so down ppl?)
  • Tiredness. 0 out of 5
  • Last Meal. Tuna mayo and baked potato
  • Song of the day. Beyoncé – Sweet Dreams
  • Thought for the day. Learn from the past, plan for the future and live for the here and now! (thanx Becky, love u xxxx)
  • What I’m Doing Now. Smiling, why? I don’t know lol

PS I can assure you I am not under the influence of any herbal infusions or other.. stuff.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love you more xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx