This year I’m redefining moments. I’m returning back to the roots, back to the value the word always had.
To me the best moments cannot be measured with words. You may have noticed some of the top 40 of the past weeks being vague. It’s not because I didn’t want to elaborate, it’s simply because what made it great was something you can’t easily write about. Last weekend was a good example of such a ‘moment’:
My housemate, Sophizzle, and I went climbing and swimming at the sports park. It had been too long since we last did this and it was such a laugh. See, that sentence alone is vague. The best part of the day was when we were on our way home. After rushing around Tesco in a “supermarket sweep” fashion for Sophizzle’s monthly shop, we decided to purchase a trifle for our eating pleasure that evening. On the bus journey back to the house, Sophizzle got worried about the poor trifle. It’s certain disfiguration from the motions of the bus and instability of the items in the weak bag in which it was positioned caused distress to Sophizzle. Her sweet words of comfort to calm the trifle invariably helped it through this difficult time. Without Sophizzle’s TLC the trifle would have been helpless. I, mean while, couldn’t help laugh at the situation. The sheer sight of someone trying to comfort a trifle was hysterical. This is a moment. But the problem is they don’t come across in words very well.
I’ve thought of a few more from the last few weeks:
- Sat in the hotel Jacuzzi, thinking this… is… the… life.
- Being on Skype with Sophie where some technical fault resulted in Sophie having a radically low voice… hilarity ensued… which resulted in more hilarity.
- Telling my workmates about the Bristol Stool Chart… hilarity ensued… for days lol
And there will be many more to come :o)
- Happiness. 9 out of 10
- Tiredness. 4 out of 5 (but Italian coffee helps a lot)
- Free Time. 0 out of 5 (this weekend is gonna be MANIA!)
- Last Meal. Hawaiian pizza
- Song of the day. Howie Day – Collide
- Thought for the day. Buongustaio!
- What I’m Doing Now. Talking on Skype :0)