Monday, July 5, 2010

My Constants

Normality is a word that doesn’t have a meaning to me at the moment. Lots of things in my life are changing or taking a turn, but the last few days at my sisters and my parents has reminded me that I still have the most important thing in life that isn’t going anywhere, family.

I’ve moved house in the last week. It’s not been very stressful, i’ve taken my sweet time unpacking and it’s helped knowing the last person to live in my room really well. Also, everyone in the house has been living there for a year, so they’re all quite settled which means I’m going into a house that already has a good atmosphere and feels lived in. Much better than when I moved into Zion last year and everything was bare.

I’m also starting my placement today! If you’re wondering how this is up, I wrote it yesterday :) Right now I’ll have already had a couple hours working at SONY! I couldn’t be looking forward to this experience any more. It’s weird to have such a build up to this job which I know will change my life by giving me invaluable experience at one of the best technology companies in the world. It’s so exciting! That doesn’t mean I’m not nervous, but they’re good nerves rather than bad nerves.

It helps knowing that I’m not only starting with someone else on my first day, but there’s also an overlap with the current placement students, so there’s plenty of people who know exactly what I’m going through who can help answer any questions and show me the ropes.

I’m hoping to have a post up tomorrow about my first day, so stay tuned :D

  • Happiness. 7 out of 10 (3-day headache is annoying)
  • Tiredness. 2 out of 5 (up at 6:30am tomorrow for work!)
  • Workload. 0 out of 10 (hell’s yea!)
  • Last Meal. Cereal
  • Song of the day. Train – Drops Of Jupiter
  • Thought for the day. Given the infinite expanse of the universe, you'd like to think that all possibilities are probable
  • What I’m Doing Now. Getting ready to show my parents the new house and have a BBQ in the garden :)

No comments: