Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Predict The Past

This is a good opportunity to look at a ‘typical’ week since I’ve started placement. I say typical because every week is invariably different, but still serves as an example in itself.

Last week started with climbing on Monday evening. I think I’ve already said that I want to get back into climbing this year, and part of that is my goal of going climbing every week. It’s difficult at the moment because my climbing partners (Jonsey and Lauren) are not in Guildford, so I’ve been climbing on my own the first two times. It’s been a good way to ease into it, but I’m glad I’ve found a climbing buddy to go with this week :D

Tuesday was a crazy day. I spent the day at work making labels for jack fields on the OB truck (and if you didn’t understand that sentence you’ll understand why I’m not talking about what I’m doing on placement in much detail on the blog…) Then I went from work straight to my favourite restaurant, Wagamammas. A few friends and I had a meal then went ice skating at the Guildford Spectrum. Definitely something I need to find time to do more often, and I realised that my friend Katherine is amazing at figure skating!

On Wednesday I was sent to the Emirates stadium again to configure, install and troubleshoot more TV’s. Then, in the evening, I made the most of being in London and went to visit the folks. We went to Victoria’s for a spot of cider and a mini-celebration about my good news.

My good news was about work. I’m going to Switzerland for a few weeks for Sony. I’ve been assigned to an exciting project designing, installing, testing and maintaining a system for a Swiss broadcaster. I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say without breaking an NDA, but needless to say it’s quite exciting and an opportunity I wasn’t about to let pass me by!

On Thursday, work was a bit slow for the first time in days. While that sounds like a good thing, you should know I love being busy, and I’m itching to get started on the Swiss project. So I did a lot of research and generally kept myself busy. In the evening, Ben came over and we did some MAD TV editing.

That brings us to the weekend, which was far from typical and requires a whole post of it’s own! Mum had organised a family gathering for her dad’s 80th and everyone came along. Oh, and we were camping in a barn :P

See you all, maybe tomorrow, for that story :)

  • Happiness. 10 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 5 out of 5 (I knew I would be)
  • Free Time. 0 out of 5 (which is a bit overkill, but I do love it)
  • Last Meal. Strudel. How many times is that now?
  • Song of the day. The Kooks – Inside In/Inside Out Album
  • Thought for the day. If public transport fails from a single signal failure, bring on the Olympics :D
  • What I’m Doing Now. Finishing the latest MAD TV report with Ben and Claire, look out for it on www.madtvsurrey.co.uk tomorrow…

No comments: