Friday, June 4, 2010

That’s What Friends Are For

Revision, revision, revision. A bit of MAD TV, and more revision.

My first exam is on Monday and I’m really starting to feel the pressure. I have 3 full days of revising to do, and I’m hoping that will be enough.

I’d like to take today as a good example of what friends are for.

Firstly, I revised with a few people on my course this afternoon in the library which turned out to be really useful.

Then, just after I left, I had a great phone conversation with one of my friends who is really ill at the moment. I’ve been worried about them for some time, so it was great to find out how she was doing.

I hadn’t been off the phone for more than 10 minutes before my sister rang for an impromptu chat while the pasta boiled. Always welcome. And it’s only 3 and a half weeks until I visit :D

After talking to Becky, Heather rang to invite me to drinks in Roots in an hour or so!

After a long day of revision, and a very successful day, I really appreciated spending time with Lauren and Heather. They’re always hilarious and we had a great laugh. Got my mind a bit free of the stress, but still ready for the revision train stopping at all stations tomorrow…

The lesson from this is never to under-estimate the power of friendship, they’re are always people out there who value who you are.

  • Happiness. 8 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 3 out of 5
  • Workload. 9 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Pie and chips
  • Song of the day. Alicia Keys - No One
  • Thought for the day. The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time......
  • What I’m Doing Now. Still getting over my 85% mark for the computer vision coursework :)

1 comment: