Friday, May 14, 2010

Wake Up & Smell The Programming

I’ve been coding my heart out this week for my Computer Vision & Graphics module, which is the only module in my second year that is solely for Digital Media students. I’m having to code a 3D Model Viewer in C programming language using OpenGL and GLUT. It’s coming along OK, with a few hiccups, and I’m actually enjoying coding again. Reminds me of when I spend a summer coding the St Mary Balham church website in ASP.NET and got really into it.

Thing is, I also have tons of revision to do. But I’m taking the stance that I really want to get this coursework out of the way first and then I can concentrate fully on revision.

Other than spending literally every spare hour of my time coding since Monday, I’ve also been more sensible about my sleeping pattern. I haven’t felt this awake in lectures since before I came to university and it really helps to just be more aware of things. I think I can put a lot of my sleeping fail to Stage Crew last year, and partying this year. But I’ve stopped crewing now (mostly) and I’m not partying much these days in favour of getting my work done.

I’m feeling alright about exams at the moment, I know where my strengths and weaknesses are and I have the time to address them. It’s just a matter of focus, and that’s where I have to make sure I make the most of my time. How many times have I written that on these pages recently? haha.

I haven’t talked about MAD TV for a while. We’re still very busy with wrapping up a lot of outstanding reports and getting ready for some really exciting things coming up over the summer and next year! Last week was MAD TV’s AGM, and a whole new committee was elected. I’m sad that I’m no longer on the committee, but I’m so happy with who’s in charge next year and really, really can’t wait to see how MAD TV develops and grows next year! Seriously, MAD TV is one to watch if you have any interest in Guildford, Surrey, the university or student media, it’s gonna be BIG!

Also had a few developments on my house for next year, and I’m saving it all for another accommodation post coming soon :)

Stay safe and I’ll write another jot of conjecture in here soon…

  • Happiness. 9 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 1 out of 5
  • Workload. 9.7 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Davy’s amazing Oreo cheesecake!!!
  • Song of the day. The King BluesChimp In A 3 Piece Suit
  • Thought for the day. "Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination" - Roy Goodman
  • What I’m Doing Now. Programming and working on a few small things I’ve been meaning to do for ages

2 comments: