Saturday, March 13, 2010

Special Post #30: The word of the day is…

This is the third post specifically about my placement year. You can read the first post here and second post here.

SONY. I finally heard back from SONY today, and I’ve got the Outside Broadcast job!

In the end the other guy got offered the job too, so they’ll be a familiar face the first few weeks while I settle in. I’ll most probably be starting in July for 12 months. 6 months on proposals and 6 months on delivery. It’s not only such a relief to have a placement year sorted, but to also get the job I really wanted is amazing.

I can’t wait to start the biggest learning curve of my life. It’s going to be a tough year, no doubt about that, but that’s what’ll make it such a rewarding and valuable experience.

And it couldn’t have come at a better time. I had an interview this Wednesday just gone for the other SONY place (the R&D one). It’s in the same building, but a different department at SONY. It was the third Wednesday in a row I’d been there, but I still love walking around and seeing everything.

This week has posed the problem of not knowing how the OB placement went, and still having to go to the other SONY interview. It was a bit of a complication, but it’s all worked out in the end.

On top of that I was offered an interview at Mitsubishi Electric last night, which would’ve been next Tuesday. So I was worried that I’d have to go to that interview just in case the SONY places didn’t work out. It’s such a weight of my shoulders to have my placement sorted! YAY!

3 comments:

Evelina said...

Congrats, Charlie! :) Told you you'd get it!

Jake said...

WOOO well done!

Becky said...

weldone :)