Monday, March 8, 2010

Somewhere Else

Being in a better frame of mind is all you need to enjoy the side the dice of life land on.

The weekend brought a lot with it, very eventful and exciting. I went out on Friday night and had my first taste of that innocuous substance since the start of February. It was an OK night, but any night out in the union has recently turned into Pandora’s box. Bringing up all sorts of unneeded drama and unhelpful situations. It’s not so much a night out as an obstacle course of emotion that I must successfully navigate without making a bad decision I’ll regret in the morning…

After managing to jump through several hoops on Friday without unintended consequences, it was time to put in a full days work at Tote. For the first time since November. After getting to Newbury (a challenge in itself) and following another Tote employee to find the control room, I signed in. Only to find that I, in fact, didn’t have to work at all, only show another new student how to… win! All in all a good day just chatting and supervising, wish I was paid to do that every day :P

Saturday evening Beth came down to Guildford and went to Pizza Express with a few of my friends. After the meal Beth and I went to Fahrenheit 55, a cool bar in town, and had a great chat. Wish she could stay more often :)

On Sunday Beth tagged along to an event MAD TV was putting on in town. If you’ve never heard of a flash mob before then you are certainly missing out.

Our event went really well, despite only a fraction of the people turning up. It was a great day and we definitely managed to bemuse Guildford’s Sunday shoppers :D

Still haven’t heard anything from SONY, but there is a twist in the tale that you may find very interesting :) I’ll keep you guessing until next time, because I can!

  • Happiness. 8 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 3 out of 5
  • Workload. 8.5 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Free food at culture fair!
  • Song of the day. Razorlight – Somewhere Else
  • Thought for the day. “There are two problems with Sunday morning: Sunday, and morning”
  • What I’m Doing Now. Nothing… about time.

1 comment:

Ankur Banerjee said...

I have only one thing to say about you witholding information about your placement from your loyal readers: "With great power comes great current times resistance squared"