Friday, September 4, 2009

Lights On Green

The last few days have been really good fun. On Monday I left the boat for the last time with Becky, Barry, Jordan & Alastair after we’d been on it together since Thursday.

We drove back to Becky’s in record time. Barry insists that he wasn’t speeding, and since I’d fallen asleep in the back, I can only take his word for it.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a thousand more times, I love my sister and staying at her house. This time in particular gave me time to take stock of the boat trip, uploading photos and collecting video footage.

I’ve been very busy the last two days editing a video summing up the boat trip titled: “I’m On A Boat!”, but more on that in a future post :p

Got back home today. Always feels strange coming back to this place. Not sure if it’s the things that have changed since my last visit, like re-arranging my bedroom and laying new carpet in the study, or the addition of my cousin Beth, that make it odd, but I still love being home.

Lots to do in the next few days, and lots to look forward too before going back to uni again. Life is too quick at the moment. I don’t know what day it is, what time it is (hence the time I wrote this) or what my next meal is going to be. Life is a blur, with the road falling in place just I reach it and all the lights on green! That what was so nice about being at Becky’s the last few days, I could concentrate on getting my life back in check before this mad rush of barely 3 weeks before I’m back to the further bedlam of university life and all that it brings.

I sat on the train on the way back to London today, alone for the first time in weeks, and just let my mind wonder… and I came to the thought that things couldn’t be better at the moment. Sure there are a few gripes (like my camcorder breaking), but they pale against the good times. And long may it continue.

With my birthday next weekend and preparations for university underway, the next few weeks are not ones to be taken lightly!

  • Happiness. 8 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 6 out of 5
  • Last Meal. Pork! I’m going to miss Becky’s cooking :)
  • Song of the day. Gloria Estefan – Dr. Beat
  • Thought for the day. can you miss someone you've never met?
  • What I’m Doing Now. Trying not to fall asleep writing this!

4 comments:

Dad said...

It's good to have you back to.

Anonymous said...

"can you miss someone you've never met? "... i wonder what you are on about :)

Becky said...

By asking the question, you just answered it! I guess you can :p Love you 2. x

Charles said...

turns out you can...