Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back from the boat

I think that just about wraps it up…

Today (well technically yesterday, but who’s counting anyway?) I got back from the boat. The last few days we’re really good, lots of locks, but that’s what you get for going into London.

Once we hit Uxbridge last night we went out for a pizza at Pizza Express and then made brownies!

I’m glad to be back home and have spent most of the day just catching up on all the various blogs I read and getting the news on everything I’m interested in. Still got stuff to read, but I’ve made a sufficient dent in it for now…

The next two weeks look to be filling up nicely. I was kinda hoping to get some things done that I’ve been putting off for ages (see the list I made several posts ago), but things have come up. This is what I’m in for at the moment:

  • Sunday. Say hey to people at church. Finish washing everything from the boat trip
  • Monday. Swimming with James in the morning
  • Tuesday. Going to the cinema to see “Taking Of Pelham 1,2,3” with Ben, Kevin & Murat
  • Wednesday. Back on the boat for the fun part down the river Thames
  • Thursday. Working with Tote at Sandown racecourse
  • Saturday. Working with Tote at Ascot racecourse
  • Following Friday. Seeing “Avenue Q” at the theatre
  • Following Saturday. Clothes shopping. Barry’s birthday party.
  • Following Sunday. Back to the boat for boat trip 2!

I’m gonna also try and get as much done from this list:

  1. Produce centenary video for St Stephen’s Church
  2. Continue to build website for Quondam girls society
  3. See my neighbour
  4. Get a monitor sorted for Victoria
  5. Copy Olu’s tapes to DVD
  6. Plan my birthday party
  7. Get contents insurance for my stuff
  8. Further plan boat trip two
  9. Do some stuff for MadTV (hard to explain)

There’s nothing quite like being home :-)

  • Happiness. 7 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 4.5 out of 5
  • Last Meal. Samosa’s with tuna, egg and rice (A James original dish – and very nice too)
  • Song of the day. Chris Brown - Forever
  • Thought for the day. Sitting down…there’s nothing quite like it
  • What I’m Doing Now. Just finished writing his 3rd poem in 4 months, and now off to bed. A proper bed at that.

PS Check out pictures from the boat trip

PPS There might be some pictures you haven’t seen here as well

No comments: