Saturday, April 4, 2009

Special Post #8: Thinking too much?

While a lot of students want to get drunk and loose their mind, am I different?

The stereotype is that a typical student binges on alcohol and forgets who they are, and I think that maybe confirmed in some of the people I’ve met. Is it wrong, then, that I want to go the other way?

I feel like I would have a better time really sobering up and having a very deep and long conversation, finding out things about myself and other people I didn’t know before. I don’t know many guys that would say that, or at least admit to that. What does that say about me?

What I hope it says is that I’m caring and compassionate. I enjoy finding out about people through conversation, rather than how well they can dance on a packed dance floor. I hope it doesn’t mean I don’t know how to have fun, because I do, I just might not prefer it.

Maybe I’m just confused and I don’t feel like this at all. Either way, I don’t think it really matters. I’m happy with who I am, whoever that may be.

3 comments:

James Memski said...

And so you should be, you're not bad you :-)...but you know that. Anyway, i was just thinking about myself so i should get back to it :-)

becky said...

What every makes you happy! :) Both of you! :) x

baroness said...

you're much more interesting and fun as you are