Friday, April 3, 2009

Don’t ever think (too much)

A wise man once said (AKA The Zutons): “Don’t ever think too much”. Now, this isn’t usually a problem for me, because I always keep myself busy. However, the last week at home as been less than eventful. Time to think has come and gone. Thoughts are mostly good, but some can lead you to question things you would normally take for granted. And unless you thought otherwise, yes I am being deliberately vague.

But I think vague is the way to go when talking about thoughts. Unless you have an “inspiring” thought such as the likes of Nelson Mandela or Martin Luther King. My thoughts are not like there’s. In fact, I think you can agree, those thoughts were an exception to the general thoughts people have which are largely selfish. Let me explain…

If you think of something, isn’t it usually about you? Or something that directly affects you? I think “How will I do in my exams?”, “Should I have lunch soon?”, “Do I look good today?”. I’m not thinking about poverty in 3rd world countries or how we can solve world conflict. Does that make us all naturally selfish? Or is it just who we are? I’d like to think the latter, but if I’m wrong, you can post your opinion in the comments. (Remember, I look at all the comments before they get posted, so if you want to say something, but don’t want it posted, just say “Don’t post this” in the comment and I’ll still read it, I just won’t post it!)

  • Happiness: 7/10
  • Workload: 8/10
  • Last meal: Cereal
  • Thought for the day: My thoughts go free in all I can confide

No comments: