Saturday, May 19, 2012

That was quick!

I have a house for when I start my PhD! After only a few short days of looking for houses around Guildford Will, Anna and I have found the perfect abode! Let me show you round…

It’s a 3-bedroom place, all the rooms are big enough for double beds, the kitchen is modern and it has a dishwasher! Luxury R’ Us! It’s not far away from my house with the girls last year, except a bit nearer university if anything. Same local pub though :D

I’m snatching up one of the biggest rooms, and since the place is unfurnished I can’t wait to put my stamp on the room and make it mine! Geeky posters and computer parts everywhere!

It’s so exciting to finally have a place sorted, it means I can really get my head straight about how the next few months before my PhD starts are going to play out, and it looks pretty awesome!

  • 26th May. First exam
  • 1st June. Last exam ever
  • 11th June. Project Viva, and the end of university
  • 15th June. Big party
  • 17th June. Boat trip with housemates
  • 25th June. Start summer job at Sony
  • 8th July. Move out of my current house :(
  • 17th July. Graduate
  • 20th July. Graduation Ball
  • 25th July. AMERICA!
  • 15th August. Move in to new place :)
  • 1st October. Start PhD at University of Surrey

And with producing the Fresher’s videos for the student television station and designing a new website for my local church I don’t think I’ll be bored! I can’t wait!

  • Happiness. 7 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 1 out of 5
  • Workload. 7 out of 10 (lots of revision)
  • Last Meal. Good ol’ fish and chips
  • Song of the day. Lenny Kravitz – Fly Away
  • Thought for the day. The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
  • What I’m Doing Now. In disbelief that I’ll have to leave this house in 7 weeks time… I might cry.

No comments: