Sunday, May 23, 2010

5 Days of Jolly Japes

What a week! I had such a great last week of lectures and I’ve taken it to be my last chance of fun before the hard work starts today.

On Tuesday I went to see Little Shop of Horrors being performed by MADsoc. It was genuinely amazing and laugh out loud funny. It’s great to see so many of your friends in one production, especially since they’ve worked so hard to make it so good! After the show I went out into town to meet up with a few friends for a few drinks. Very funny conversations ensued and it was a great night (as always).

On Wednesday evening Josh bought some weights and he’s now got me on a bi-daily workout schedule. It’s tiring, but really fun at the same time. Not sure how long it’s going to last, but it’s definitely about time I got some muscle :D

After the work out I went to Sophie’s house party. I’ve been campaigning for Sophie to have a house party all year, and it was great for her to finally have one!

Thursday evening was the student awards! MAD TV and MADsoc had been nominated for 13 awards, and we walked away with six! Including MAD TV as Special Interest Society Of The Year!

DSCF3011

And Mike Frazer as Best Media. This was obviously cause for celebration…

DSCF3018

On Friday I went out to the union, why not! It was Fetish night, which essentially means people are dressed up in the most revealing outfits they can find/make. I enjoyed dancing the night away…

On Saturday (and I swear this is the last one) I went to Frankie and Mike’s Birthday BBQ. It was such a perfect day and I loved chilling in the garden for many, many hours…

DSCF3043

I don’t know where those 5 days came from, but I can assure you that the alcohol tap is sealed for the next 4 weeks. I have no plans to distract me from the task at hand and I know I can do it.

Check out the photos from here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31306494&l=353b22f158&id=1293892814

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine as much as I am :)

  • Happiness. 9 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 2 out of 5
  • Workload. 9.7 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Birthday Cake!
  • Song of the day. The King Blues – Headbutt (new single :D)
  • Thought for the day. Nothing that's worthwhile is ever easy
  • What I’m Doing Now. Coursework.

No comments: