Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reading Week

I will say that this week has been a good week. The fact I haven’t had any lectures alone make it a good week, but there are other reasons too! In total there are #5 reasons this is a good week, but lets start from the beginning…

Since I wrote my last blog post lots has happened that I don’t want to talk about. Some of it was bad, and some of it was good. You can’t get more vague than that! I think my week started getting better on Monday. So lets start there…

#1 , Talking to Josh… Monday was productive in a couple of senses. Josh and I took to going to the Media Labs in the mornings to do work. Josh had some coursework to do for another module and I needed to get to grips with transistors and the like. So that worked for an hour or two. We tend to work really well together, but recently we’ve realised we do spend a lot of time talking and not getting any work done. And that’s the first thing I’ve liked about this week.

#2, Maths! Monday afternoon we did Maths work, and boy do we have a lot of maths work to do. It’s good because I feel like we’re making progress and understanding Fourier transforms more, but there are still lots of questions we can’t answer. So reason number two is that Maths is clearer (if only slightly)

#3, MAD TV social. Monday evening was wicked. The MAD TV team went to Nandos and then proceeded to several bars/clubs in Guildford. It was a fantastic night, I loved hanging out with everyone outside of a meeting or film shoot, and can’t wait for the next one!

#4, MAD TV episode. Tuesday morning was a write off. Tuesday afternoon was more Maths, and in the evening I did some more editing for the next MAD TV episode. Then there’s MAD Wednesday. Aptly named because it’s the day I try and finish the episode before the deadline of 11pm that day. I met up with Ankur, our most active editor, to look over two reports for the episode. Then I spent the afternoon frantically compiling everything into a nice, succinct episode for you to enjoy :)

So there you have it. Many more fun times to come I hope. I’m once again working at Ascot tomorrow and Saturday, which I am actually looking forward to. Shame it does take up the whole day though, because I could do with more studying time (as if a week wasn’t enough!) And then on Sunday I will be going home for the afternoon to see everyone and have a wonderful Sunday dinner cooked by the best chef in the world, mum :)

See you all soon,

Charles xxxx

  • Happiness. 8 out of 10
  • Tiredness. 2 out of 5
  • Workload. 8.5 out of 10
  • Last Meal. Just about to have pie and chips :P
  • Song of the day. Avril Lavigne - These Things I’ll Never Say
  • Thought for the day. “Basically” lool
  • What I’m Doing Now. Smelling pie & chips, tasty time!

PS There are probably more pictures for you to see

PPS I can count!

No comments: