Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quick Character Flaws

If you are in a good mood, and plan to be for some time yet, do not read this. You have been warned!

Just a short post because I need to be in bed 1 hour ago so I’m awake for the first day of Ascot.

I have a few character flaws I would like to talk about today.

  1. Criticism. As much as I enjoy feedback and love it when I get some, I can sometimes take criticism very personally. I think this is one of those things that I just have to deal with. It isn’t that I lash out or become defensive, it’s just that it can sometimes knock me back. Luckily, most of the time I am also motivated to improve my work when given criticism, as long as it’s not too harsh. This steams from another trait, always wanting to make people happy/like me.
  2. Self-Confidence. I’ve come to realise that I’m not the bubbly, out-going person I would like to be. I’m quite defensive of my ‘true’ self to people I meet, which makes me a real hoot a parties. I think this again steams from wanting people to like me, and unless I’m sure that I am welcome and included, I will be very quiet and insular.
  3. Analysing. Now this I’m very good at, but it does lead me to over-analyse things which are best left alone. This was the main cause of much distress over the Easter break, and is by far the most frequent and common reason I’m not happy. The best cure for this is usually a good, long talk with someone I can trust. Some of you may have been at the receiving end of one of these, and to those I say thank you.

To balance all this out I have a great joke to share:

What did the mayonnaise say to the fridge? Close the door, I’m dressing.

  • Happiness: 6/10
  • Tiredness: 6/10
  • Last meal: Lasagne (courtesy of me!)
  • Song of the day: John Mayer – Stop This Train
  • Thought for the day: Can’t it not be over yet, to live not reminisce. Of all the things I could forget, it’s you I’ll really miss.

No comments: