Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bad-arse!

My first exam this morning went well. I was only surprised by one question which was worth 5% so if you take that and my probable stupidity into account, I should have at least passed. I’m going to guess at 70% if only because that’s the margin for a first. I need 60% in all my exams to get a £1,000 award next year, so hopefully that’ll happen.

While we’re on the topic of results, I thought this would be a good time to share my progress so far:

  • Labs: The bane of my existence might be my saving grace because I got one B and the rest were A’s and above. Obviously I don’t know how well I did in the final project, but I’m definitely on for a good grade regardless. Estimation: 80%
  • EDPS: Essentially report writing and giving presentations. I got 100% in my presentation (worth 15% overall) and 88% for my report (another 15%). Estimation: 80%
  • Programming: I loved programming this year. Last week I got my results for the programming assignments (worth 60% overall) and turns out I got 94%. I’m expecting good things from programming. Estimation: 85%
  • Maths: I haven’t done my maths exam yet, that’s not until next Tuesday, but the exam is worth 45%. I reckon (through rigorous calculations) that I’m already on 40% (a pass!). So anything in the exam will add to my grade. Estimation: 70%
  • Electronics 1: The exam I did this morning, worth 90%. Estimation: 70%
  • Electronics 2: Thursday’s exam, worth 90%. Estimation: 80%
  • Electronics 3: Tomorrow’s exam. Estimation: 40% (hoping for a pass, yes it’s that bad)

So that’s a 72% average. Maybe I should have been more pessimistic…

  • Happiness: 7/10
  • Workload: 10/10
  • Last meal: Spag bol
  • Thought for the day: I don't do engineering for nothing!

1 comment:

rockbadger said...

I am quite sure you are going to pass brilliantly. Even Electronics 3. Soon be all over and then relaxation? Going to the new Startrek tomorrow night. It is supposed to be excellent. Work today though - the midday service. Good luck for the rest of the exams. Love GA