Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Mint Years…

Just a quick one to say that I am still alive and still very busy. I promise that the accommodation post is on it’s way, if only there were more hours in the day!

Work is keeping me up, but not really in a bad way. I’m on top of it all (for now!) and I’m actually enjoying some of it!

Today I made a cake (with Phil, who lives in the same building as me). This time it was 4 tiers. I’ve taken some pictures for your viewing pleasure…

Cake v2 (5)

Phil making the icing.

Cake v2 (3)

The cake (without icing)

Cake v2 (8)

The finished cake. Just don’t think about the calories. Or the sugar…

And to the title of this post: In 2002/3 I bought 2 big tubs of mint imperials. I mean HUGE tubs. Little did I know at the time that those mints would go through so much. They’ve been to Germany, Paris and China, survived my SATS, GCSE’s, A-Levels and have seen me though the best of times and the worst of times. Despite expiring in June 05, the mints have been a constant throughout my life and provided me with the fresh breath and occasional light snack I needed. However, on Thursday 26 February 2009, I ate the last of those mints. It was the end of a finite period in my life which from this day forth will be forever known as “the mint years”. May my minty memories live on forever……

  • Happiness: 7/10
  • Workload: 7/10
  • Last meal: Stir-Fry thing with noodles & Cake! (not at the same time)
  • Thought for the day: Must talk to sis about visiting in April

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis needs to speek to parents about visiting! Maybe we should link up on skype now the wonderers have returned! Might have to wait till the end of the week when Mum has figured out what day it is! As for your mints... All good things must come to an end!-Sad but true. Maybe you should kick start the "worthers" years with a big pot of originals... Yummy! You should keep them away from me or the years will fast become weeks! x

Anonymous said...

I like the delicate and attractive additions to the top of the cake - very artistic!