Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The week with 3 days…

So first things first, Sorry. I know, I know. I’ve been a bit busy the last few days. First lets do a little recap then we’ll get to the good stuff:

Friday: A rush to get my answer sheet submitted on time. Finished my brilliant audio labs for the week and got an ‘S’ (above an A).

Saturday: Spent the morning with Josh doing lab prep (and maybe talking a bit too). Helped out with Stage Crew for Greek Night. It was really bad. Won’t be doing that again…

Sunday: Spent the afternoon doing lab prep with a friend (known from now on in the blog by his real name, Faizan) in the library. As you gathered from my previous post, it was upon leaving the library at 8:30pm that it appeared it had been snowing.

So that’s the deal. So to today:

Woke up (always a good start). Got dressed. Opened the window. Dropped jaw. Phone rings. It’s Josh. He’s just opened the window to.

Have cucumber for breakfast (it’s all I had: no milk, bread, etc.)

Dredge a path to Josh’s room. We go to our first lecture. After waiting 10 minutes for a lecturer we abandon ship.

At about 10am I get an email from the union president saying that all lectures have been cancelled for the day.

Me and Josh decide to do some lab prep (this is different to the one above) while keeping in touch with the weather situation on BBC News 24 and local radio.

At 12pm, we go to the main field in the university to, well I think this speaks for itself:

Snow (12)

I hope I’m not going to fast, but there’s a bit to get through. So next we went to Tesco (yes, sounds stupid, but as said earlier I had no food).

Got back and had lunch, then went to Josh’s to do some more work.

At 6pm I went to the stage crew meeting, the usual.

At about 8pm I cooked me and Josh Spag Bol for dinner (because I now had food)

I think that pretty much covers the whole day. It’s been so surreal and great fun. Managed to do some work as well which good.

It looks like tomorrow will also be void of lectures, as they seem to be cancelled too. Well, I’m not setting my alarm now so I’m not going to the first few, even if they become “un-cancelled”.

How was your snow day? I guess Mum didn’t manage to get to Manchester. Becky sent me this picture of Daisy in the garden:

christmas08 012

And this came from home:

Snow

I’ll try to keep you posted, but I have managed to keep myself quite busy recently. How about I promise another post by Wednesday night at the latest?

No comments: