Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Boo!

Wow! Now that’s a big gap between posts. Sorry Becky, I' suppose I should explain myself.

Since I made my last post (last year!!) I managed to catch a really rough headache, sore throat and stomach-ache combo, which while forcing me to dock my new year’s plans, also managed to render me pretty much bed ridden for most of 5 days last week (30th to the 3rd).

So, you say, that doesn’t explain the lack of a post as soon as I felt better on Saturday. Well, between travelling back to Balham, organising my things so I can get some work done this week and catching my breath, I haven’t really had any time.

Now I’m sorry to those people who still (despite it being the holidays) still checked this site on a daily basis, but I’m also disappointed that in all that time only 1 person seemed to notice that it was a bit quiet here!

And if you were one of the people who looked every day for an update and were disappointed, can I suggest they sign up to get updates via email, then you’ll never have to worry about missing another post.

After that blatant advert, I can finally get down to business. For New Year’s I ended up staying in watching the TV with my cousin. Boring, I know, but we did go out to a party at the Manor down the road for about 20 minutes over the midnight part, so we got a bit of the party atmosphere. It wasn’t all lost.

This week is an opportunity for me to catch up on some things I’ve been meaning to do for a while (like sort out my computer) and do some revision of the mind-boggling work we’ve done so far.

Also, and obviously far more importantly, its the Consumer Electronics Show this week! For the uninitiated, it is basically a big trade show where all the year’s best gadgets will be shown off for the first time by 2,700 of the biggest tech companies: Microsoft, Sony, Panasonic, Logitech, Toshiba, HP, Cisco, Motorola, Intel, …

You get the idea. I love this show and look forward to it every year. I expect to see plenty of:

  • OLED TV’s – The next generation of TV’s with superb picture quality and incredibly thin.
  • UMPC’s – Ultra-mobile laptops
  • Smart phones – with touch screen displays, cameras and GPS
  • Wireless – everything from wireless power to wireless USB

Can’t wait!

Here ends the SPECIAL BUMPER EDITION POST on my blog to compensate for no posts in a week

-----

BUT WAIT! ADDITIONAL BONUS CONTENT!!

If you thought that was the end of the post, then you thought like an idiot!

Here’s two pictures of me and Jake (my cousin) at some random derelict iron works somewhere. And, yes, it was very cold.

DSCF0070DSCF0072

OK, so that is actually the end this time :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you too babe! see you next week! x