Sunday, December 21, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Friday: Went through the test. I passed! Won’t tell you by how much, but I definitely need to look over it again when I get a chance. After we’d gone through the test I went to Rubix (the union) to stage crew for the Credit Crunch Christmas Party!

I ended up having 5 cameras to work with, it looked great and was really good fun. To keep the Christmas spirit we had 1,500 free mince pies! Needless to say I had my fair share. (Don’t tell anyone but I managed to take 12 of them away with me. They went down well with Dad!)

The party finished at 3am and then we had to pack down the mess we had made outside the union. We had Santa’s grotto on a stage, lighting, snow machines and a gazebo to disassemble.

Finally left at 4:30am. I knew that I was going home on Saturday and I also knew that if I went to sleep I wouldn’t get up before 1pm. So I did what any sensible person would have done and stayed awake. I packed my bag, did the washing up and read a few blogs.

At 7am I left for the train station. Staying awake on the train was slightly tricky (that’s were the mince pies came in handy). Got home at 8:30am.

Time for breakfast and catching up with mum and dad. Went over to church to put up candle stands and then managed to get some sleep (well 2 hours!)

Had a fabulous night at Victoria’s, great food and great company. Watching Strictly Come Dancing was fun and who’d have thought the result! Thank you Victoria for a fantastic evening.

Sunday: Caught up on sleep. This evening I’m doing a reading at the carol service.

Only 4 days until Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

see you in 12 and a little bit hours x

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mince pies!
loveeeeeeeeeelieeeeeeeeee.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Yay - fame at last - had a great evening too but I never want to wash up ever again!

Victoria